Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing # 23 Summarize your thoughts about this program

  1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
    I really enjoyed most discoveries and exercises. My favorites include Flickr and the Big Huge Labs sites, PhotoStory, Open Office programs, and the image generators.


  2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
    As a digital immigrant, I feel this program challenged and stimulated me. Not only have I learned much about Web 2.0, but I've gained more confidence in using the technology accessible to me. I can't wait to share my new knowledge with my colleagues and friends.

  3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
    Yes. I never thought I would have a blog. I've never made time to read blogs, much less create my own. This experience has definitely opened my eyes to the value of blogs. I've encountered some really interesting blogs. One I found the other day was NeverEndingSearch by Joyce Valenza in the School Library Journal. Her blog led me to the American Library Association and the American Association of School Librarians' Best Websites for Teaching and Learning Site.

  4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
    I suggest you provide more face-to-face opportunities for new participants to work with more experienced users. I wish I could have attended such opportunities this summer, but the hours they were offered conflicted with my summer school hours
    .

  5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?
    Absolutely!

  6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
    This has been an incredible hyper-active learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment