Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing # 20 Explore YouTube And TeacherTube and how to download and embed the videos

I learned how to embed external resources, including videos, into my blogs and other web pages early on in this project without even realizing that it would be one of the 23 things I would be working with (See my previous entry "A Teacher's Inspiration"). The background information and instructions for Thing #20 on our site were very accurate in describing the steps necessary for embedding video on your blog or web page. I can see myself using this often in future projects.

I've never tried to download videos from places like YouTube, so I viewed the PowerPoint slide show that describes the process and requirements a few times to get to a point where I sort of understood what it was discussing. I did a few Google searches on the topic, and found this excellent tutorial that provides another very easy way to download videos from YouTube and other media sharing sites. The only catch is that you need RealPlayer (the free version works fine). What's more, RealPlayer allows you to easily save the videos to different formats, like iPod and even Blackberry compatible file types. Here's the tutorial, in case you are interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment