Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing # 15 Web 2.0, Library 2.0, and the future of libraries

Library 2.0 - To me, it means access for all users. For school libraries, I think it means evolving to meet the needs of their customers/patrons by keeping abreast of emerging technology and making it accessible to all users. I really enjoyed reading the different perspectives on Web 2.o. I especially enjoyed the article by Dr. Wendy Schultz in which she views the library as "a WiFREE space, a retreat from technohustle, with comfortable chairs, quiet, good light, coffee and single malt. " Sounds like my local Starbucks to me! I also appreciated her view of the library as a "rising ladder of value progressing from commodity to product to service to experience...[where there is a] premium on service, on tailoring information to needs, and on developing participatory relationships with customers".

No comments:

Post a Comment