Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing # 19 Explore the Web 2.0 Awards List

What is special about the tool?
It has many applications for various needs...all in one place.

What are its useful parts, especially with regards to Libraries and school?
The Web 2.0 Awards List contains some sites which are just for fun, but also includes several which can be used (and are used) by libraries and classroom teachers. I've seen how Flickr, Del.icio.us, Rollyo, and other sites can be used in 23 Things.

How might you use this tool in your own setting?
I personally use a few such as Craigslist, Citysearch, Yahoo! Maps, Google Maps, Facebook, and Kayak. I had never seen Lulu before, and I got very excited at the endless possibilities of using them in a language arts class...until I saw how expensive each book can be. I'll keep exploring this site, though. Perhaps I can use it for my personal use to create books for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment