Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #6 (mashups, etc...)

What cool ideas! I can think of many classroom applications for several of these tools. In fact, today I'm covering for a geography teacher who is out today (middle school summer school), and her students are researching different physical features found in Africa. I thought it would be interesting for the students to create a tour guide badge using photos from Flickr. Unfortunately, we couldn't access Flickr, because SBISD has a new web page filter which blocks the site.

3 comments:

  1. hopefully it is merely a temporary thing!
    Be sure when you can to give us an example of something you create

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they open it up soon - I loved the all the Mashups and Image generators I learned about in The 23 Things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've included my trading card. It's showing on my blog now. Can you see it?

    ReplyDelete